First week of President Trump. Baaah, don’t want to talk about it. 2016 Presidential Election: Ebola vs. Bubonic Plague. Gonna be a brutal four years. At least we have Reggae Music to remind us. Bobbylon Chants down Babylon!
Jamaican saying: Same thing for breakfast, same thing for tea:
What I find interesting? As a conspiracist, Trump’s election signaled the collapse of the Deep State: Neoliberal politics, irregardless of Political Party, enforced through Neocon Foreign Policy.
Bush gave us Afghanistan and Iraq 2.0. Obama wrecked Libya, Syria, Iraq 3.0, Yemen and Ukraine on his watch. How a Nobel Peace Prize winner got Cold War 2.0 off the ground with Russia is quite the feat of Deep State gymnastics!
Our first black President droned so many brown Middle Easterners that he literally ran out of bombs his last year in office! WTF?
Joe Sixpack and Sally Housecoat basically went outside the duopoly of Republicrats vs. Democans. Shockwaves throughout the MIC/SIC and bankster class.
So if that rigid system is in tatters, there is no clandestine force to keep us in the dark about Extraterrestrials.
First we had the incredible footage captured by the Chilean Navy: 9 plus minutes of Infrared camera action on a UFO. No effing swamp gas, or ball lightning or bumbaclaat weather balloons.
Just while we were processing that compelling visitation (other than Huff Post, mostly a news embargo on the story), now NASA captured video footage of another UFO “probe” (pun intended). 21 sec.
What does any of this have to do with last week’s Ark-Ive of Smile Jamaica. Absolutely nothing!
But I am hoping for more encounters as the shit-stem (as Peter Tosh says) continues to crumble. UFO sightings will lead to a full on Columbus style emergence to fill the political gap Trump’s howling Presidency has brought about.
Let us hope the Anunnaki (those who came from the sky) treat us better than Columbus did the Native Arawak and Caribs and Africans enslaved in the Middle Passage.
Not that we would deserve their mercy.
Forward ever backwards never!
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives: Jah-nuary 28, 2017 – Annotated Playlist; 65 sec.
- Augustus Pablo Meets the Upsetter – Vibrate On; Scratch On the Wire (Island) ’79 UK vinyl; Lee Perry comp.
- Aggrovators (Attack) JA dub vinyl of the hour
- Prince Lincoln – Smiling Faces; Natural Wild (Orange Street) ’80 produced by Joe Jackson
- Sly & Robbie – Slipping into Darkness; Many Moods of Sly, Robbie & the Taxi Gang (Sonic) ’82 Ramsey Lewis cover
- Junior Delgado – Love Tickles Like Magic; Treasure Found (Incredible Music) ‘75
- I Roy – African Herbsman; Crisis Time (Virgin Front Line) ’76; 4:20 Cannabis Service Announcement over Johnny Clarke’s African Roots
- Senya – Rootsman; 10” (Impact!) ’75 female roots
- Peter Tosh – Dog Teeth; Honorary Citizen (Columbia/Legacy) ’71 Jamaican single
- The Selecter – Train to Skaville; Celebrate the Bullet (Captain Oi) ’80 Ethiopians cover, bonus single
- Don Carlos – Satan Control Them; Deeply Concerned (RAS) ‘87
- Tommy Clark – Wicked Babylon; 10” (Tuff Scout)
Set 3: Best of Smile Jamaica – 27+ Years
- Bingy Bunny & the Morwells – Africa We Want to Go; Kingston 12 Toughie (RAS) ’81
- Rita Marley – Love Iyah; Harambe (Shanachie) ‘82
<Harambe = Swahili for pull it together; 18 sec.>
- I Kong – Ghetto Cry; Africa Calling (Rohit) ‘79
- Max Edwards – Rockers Arena (Disco Mix) ‘82
- Yabby You & the Prophets – Zambia; Dub It to the Top (Blood & Fire) ’76 Dub Album of the Hour
- Ayo – Lonely; Gravity at Last (Wrasse) 2008 Germ.-Nigerian female singer
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Keep on Moving + Version; Exodus (Deluxe Edition) ’77 12” Lee “Scratch” Perry mix; unreleased; 44 sec.
Set 5: Vinyl Is Vital
- Steel Pulse – Drug Squad; Caught You (Island) ’80 UK herbtune
- Jah-Malla – Ghetto Child; Alive & Well (Clappers) ’80 NY, sons of Jamaican musicians
<Kwame Nkrumah quote on women; 43 sec.>
- Matumbi – Man in Me; Best of (Trojan) ’77 Bob Dylan cover; 16 sec.
- Dub Funk Association – Good Mans Dub; Pendulum Dub (Tanty) ’95 UK mutant dub
- Aisha – Don’t Tire; Daughters of Zion (Twinkle) ’93 UK lovers rock dubstress
- Ben Harper – Burn one Down; Voodoo Child (bootleg) herbtune livicated to Bernie Sanders; 4/11/98 Bonn Germany
<Ben vs. Bernie>
- Peter Broggs – Vank Out; Never Forget Jah (Nocturne) best of
- Sophia George – Final Decision; For Everyone (Pow Wow) ‘89
- Mikey Dread – Chosen Few; World Tour (Dread at the Controls) 2000
- Monty Alexander – Evening Time; A Tribute to Reggae’s Keyboard King: Jackie MIttoo (VP) Dub Album of the Hour
- Al Campbell – Reggae Music; 22 Karat Solid Gold (Jet Star)
- Gracy & the Herbman Band – No Hard Drugs; Movements (Funfundvierzig) ’95 Germ. Female
- The Vibronics – The Return; 10” (Jah Tubby’s) 2005 militant steppers instrumental
Set 8: Mutant Dub
- Systemwide feat. Dr. Israel – People of the Book; Pure and Applied (BSI) 2002 Portland
- Rockers Hi-Fi – More and More (The Hidden Persuader); Rockers to Rockers (Gee Street) ’95 UK
- Dubblestandart feat. Gudrun – Senses of a Woman; Are you Experienced (Collision) 2006 Jah-stra w/ female vox
- Tre Son Meets vx – Jen-ee-Rocka; CD Single (vx) 2005 Toronto
- John Frum – Healing Dub; Jahtarian Dubbers vol. 3 (Jahtari) 2012 Germ.
Words of Wisdom