My Saturday routine:
- Dress: Reggae T shirt for Smile Jamaica broadcast, shorts and sandals. Plus tin foil hat
- Hit the morning news cycle of my favorite news sources via Ipad: RT, Truthdig, Moon of Alabama, Zerohedge
No CNN (CIA News Nutwork); No FUX news; No MS-NBC (Mainstream nothing but crap); No Presstitute Bullshit Syndicate (PBS) for I ‘n’ I.
Since 2003 and the corporate media’s providing of legitimate cover for an illegal war, I am strictly alt news. I do not trust the 6 companies who own 90+ percent of our news media. Mostly Alt-Left but I’m a fan of a libertarian Bulgarian market site called Zerohedge for leavening. (They predicted the 2008 economic collapse before anyone else.)
I’m so “alt” I am driving 500 plus miles to Denver in a week to watch this political comedian: Jimmy Dore.
Jeffery Epstein allegedly committed “suicide.” My first reaction? How neat and tidy. Dead men tell no tales, eh? Especially considering the document dump the day before outed several high profile politicians, academics and hedge fund billionaires as accused of having sex with underage girls procured by the odious creep.
<Jeffery Epstein’s murder? suicide? escape? 2 min. 29 sec.>
I try to live the moral and upright life that I absorb through 30+ plus years of listening to Reggae music. I’m more of a paradox of virtue than any sort of saint, but I do believe government corruption and the abuse of children are part of that lens. Government interference led to Epstein’s slap on the wrist sentence a decade ago.
As compelling a story as the lurid conspiracy theories surrounding Epstein’s death: Was it suicide? murder? alien abduction? It still comes down to the outrageous sexual exploitation of children. Which is getting completely lost in the #EpsteinMurder and #ClintonBodyCount back and forth.
Mea culpa. I am susceptible to conspiracy theories. Probably due to my belief in Ancient Astronaut Theory, via the Anunnaki skygods traveling back to Earth from Nibiru. I do not believe 9/11 happened the way they said it did anymore than I would believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.
When this went down, my brother in law said to my sister: “Can’t wait to see how your wacko brother responds to all this.”
I went for breakfast with my best friend Nardo-jan (fellow Anunnaki/UFOria enthusiast, Ph.D. in Medieval History, librarian) and our mutual friend John (former journalist at the Salt Lake Tribune).
Of course Epstein’s “suicide” was the coffee topic of conversation. I queried both of them: (I knew Nardo-jan’s answer) but wanted to see what a professional newsman thought.
None of us believed the suicide story. Neither does my Mom, Dad and Sister.
What do I believe?
Now you understand where my brother in law is coming from!Don’t even get me started on Building 7.
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives: Jah-gust 10, 2019 Annotated Playlist; 70 sec.
- Pancho Alphanso – Watch This Sound; Watch This Sound (Shanachie) ’82 Ho Ho Kus NJ vinyl
- Supersonics – Construction Dub Style; Treasure Isle Dub vol. 1 (Treasure Isle) JA vinyl dub album of the hour
- Third World – 96 Degrees in the Shade; Live at Reggae Sunsplash ’81: Tribute to Bob Marley (Elektra) ’81 Aug. in Montego Bay, JA
<“Entertainment for you, martyrdom for me”; 30 sec.>
- Carlene Davis – My Mistake; 15 Classics (Sonic)
- Horace Ferguson – Sensi Addict; Dancehall – The Rise of Jamaican Dancehall Culture (Soul Jazz) ’87 4:20 Cannabis Service Announcement
- Dan I – Like a Seed; 10″ (Moa Anbessa) 2008 Jah-taly
- Culture – This Train; Cumbolo (Shanachie) ’79 gospel/Woody Guthrie cover
- The Rolands – Johnny Dollar; Crucial Reggae (Mango) ’84
- Afro Omega – Watcha Need; Pick Up the Pieces EP (Afro Omega) 2006 SLC w/ female vox
- Lee “Scratch” Perry – City Too Hot; 12″ (Upsetter) ’77 UK Black Ark
Set 3: Best of Smile Jamaica 29+ Years
- Prince Buster – Shake a Leg; Original Golden Oldies vol. 2 (Melodisc) ’61: Burning Spear – Oh What a Happy Day; Creation Rebel (Heartbeat/Studio One) ’74
- Akabu – People Get Ready; Warrior Queen (ON U Sound) ’89 UK roots dawtas; Curtis Mayfield tune
- Jah Iney & Augustus Pablo – Classic Rockers Chapter 1 & Chapter 3; Rockers International (Greensleeves) ’80
- Scientist – 11 Guava Road Dub; King of Dub (Kingdom) ’81 Dub album of the hour
- General Public – Never You Done That; All the Rage (I.R.S.) ’84 post 2 Tone ska/pop
- Rhoda Dakar – The Wreck; Cleaning in a Another Woman’s Kitchen (Moon Ska World) 2007
- Pablo Gad – What Makes a Natty Dread Cry; Blood Suckers (Melodie) ’78
- Earl Sixteen – Gates of Hell; 10″ (Sip a Cup) 2004 UK
Set 5: Vinyl is Vital Set
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Rolling Stone; Marley, Tosh, Livingston & Associates (Studio One) ’82 JA vinyl; Bunny Wailer lead vox
<Bob Dylan cover; 2 min.>
- The Jaytees – A Prayer to Jah; Pirates Choice (Studio One) ’81 JA female duo
- Inner Circle – Mary, Mary; Everything Is Great (Island) ’79 UK herbtune
- Ken Boothe – I Shot the Sheriff; Blood Brothers (Trojans) ’78 UK Wailers cover
<Why the Sheriff hated Bob; 27 sec.>
- Arthur Louis – Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door; This Is Reggae Music (Island) ’75 US – Bob Dylan cover
Set 6: Jamaican Jukebox 7″ 45’s
- King Stitt – Herbsman Shuffle; 7″ (Trojan) ’80 UK picture sleeve: 7″ Jamaican Jukebox
- Carl Dawkins – Witchcraft; 7″ (Sir J.J.) ’72 JA
- Sharon Black – Struggling; 7″ (Clintones) ’77 US
- Dennis Brown – Armagideon; 7″ (Emmanuel) ’80 Bunny Wailer cover
- Sly & Robbie – Plastic Dub; Overdrive in Overdub (Sonic) Dub Album of the Hour
- Black Uhuru – Somebody’s Watching Me; Anthem UK Rmx (Island) ’83 cover of Rockwell soul
- Bunny Wailer – Revolution; Hall of Fame (RAS) ’95 50 Bob songs for 50th birthday
- Peter Tosh – Pick Myself Up; Wanted (bootleg) Sept. 29, 1981 NYC @ the Ritz
Set 8: Mutant Dub
- Bob Marley/Bill Laswell – Is This Love; Dreams of Freedom (Axiom) ’97 ambient translation: Mutant Dub Set
- Likkle Mai – Your Love; Roots Candy (Beat) 2006 Jah-ponese dawta from Dry & Heavy
- Alpha & Omega – Fire; Watch and Pray (A & O) ’92 UK trance dub
- Bush Chemists – Haste Make Waste; Light Up Your Chalice (Dubhead) ’99 on Bunny Wailer Armagideon riddim
- Rockers Vibration – 23 + 2; King Size Chapter 10 (Echo Beach) 2003 Germ.
- Mahanee feat. Mikey Murka & Disrupt – Police; 12″ (Police in Helicopter) 2009 Germ. John Holt herbtune cover