Jump straight to the Smile Jamaica Ark-Ive: Jah-vember 1, 2014
Jah-loween Recap 2014
Everyone have a good time getting innocent children hooked on High Fructose Corn Syrup? Tsk, tsk. Definitely NOT Ital or Vital
Did any of you folks stream the 12 hours of Jah-loween tunes I gave you? Mutant Dub and Roots Reggae Mixcloud Only shows without me talking. Spooky tunes, horror bytes and movie trailers. Plus 2013 and 2014 KRCL Live Smile Jamaica Monster Hash. Good any time of year!
So check it! I had zero trick or treaters Friday. I must be that house on the block. Too many voodoo sounds and smells emanating from the bowels of the Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives.
<That House on the Block: The Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives; 14 sec.>
When I was a youth in Montana, Halloween was definitely not as ideal as it is in Utah. Usually you had to walk on snow or have your winter jacket on over your costume.
And you better not give me and my hoodlum friends candy corn or raisins. If you gave out crap candy, you could expect an egg splat on your picture window! Fiya bun candy corn! Fiya bun raisins or nickels! Gimme the fructose corn poison. Droooollllll…..
<Fiya bun Candy Corn and Raisins in my Treat Bag; 18 sec.>
Vote Tuesday Nov. 4: Tweedle Dum Versus Tweedle Dee.
<Smile Jamaica’s Pot Vote Election Prediction; 46 sec.>
1. Jah-laska: Ballot Measure 2. Legalization a la Collie-rado and Washington State. Smile Jamaica says: Most likely not going to win
I have seen too many negative polls and only one outlier pro pot result that seemed too good to be true, so it seems suspect. 52% No to 48% Yes, but if millennials don’t show up for the midterm vote it will fall short. Should have waited until 2016 with more robust youth and libertarian turn out. Hope I’m wrong!
2. Jah-regon: Measure 91. Legalization a la Collie-rado and Washington State. Smile Jamaica says: Most likely going to win. Latest polls are encouraging because of the gap between Yes (52%) and No (41%). Could be hurt if disaffected millennials don’t turn up for the midterm vote. Looks promising but not a lock per DC.
3. Washington DC: Not full legalization as in #1 and #2 but you can possess up to 2 ounces of cured bud and be able to grow six plants. Huge YES. Will probably cross over 60% yes. But it’s gonna be a nightmare.
So much of surrounding DC is federal jurisdiction. You don’t want to get busted with a stalk of sensi on Fedland. You’re gonna be under Heavy Manners. Plus in a likely ascendant Republican Congress, DC is going to probably face Congressional roadblocks to any semi-legal implementation.
4. Guam: Joaquin (KC) Concepcion II Compassionate Cannabis Use Act of 2013. Medical Marijuana and the creation of legal dispensaries. Vote would ratify the legislation. Smile Jamaica says: I can’t find any reliable polls but its dependency to Federal jurisdiction makes any implementation difficult.
5. Florida. Amendment 2. Medical Marijuana. Smile Jamaica says: No Chance. Needs 60% to pass. Peaked at 57% and has been trending further down.
Non-statewide, local/county jurisdiction votes Tuesday: Michigan (12 cities), Maine (2 cites), New Mexico (2 counties). Plus something a gwaan in Jah-suchusetts district which I was too foggy to understand.