I predicted this. President Donald J. Trump.
I get together with some bredrins every Friday afternoon for bourbon and music sessions.
Of course politics are a common topic with my mates. My buddy Aquaboy, Sandroid turned Hillbot, was fairly cocky that the polls showed Hillary way ahead. Evan McMullin was gonna win Utah.
I would look over at my buddy Free-Mike and give him a cold stare and said, “When we meet next Friday, you will all be stunned.” Aquaboy would scoff. Who’s scoffing now?
My main blog roll is the Libertarian site, Zerohedge. Run by Bulgarian hedgefunders who predicted the 2008 economic collapse and theyrefuse to adhere to the usual corporate media consensus. They mercilessly mock the corporate media outlets.
Since I did political interviews, Radioactive 2003-2012, I am also a natural skeptic to corporate news:
- CNN – The Clinton News Network
- AP – Assimilated Presstitutes
- NPR – Nationalist Propaganda Radio
- FUX News
- Petroleum Bullshit Syndicate
I’m all the way Alt-Left. So from my deep political reading, I knew that Hillary Clinton was going to lose all the Midwest states but Illinois and Minnesota.
When I would run into my Liberal friends who would greet my skepticism with, “Nate Silver has Hillary Clinton a 98% likely winner.” I would scoff. The polls were oversampling Democrats who are a much smaller voting bloc since Obama came in.
4.5 million Obama voters became Indedendent. Huge mid term losses in 2010 and 2014 told me the Midwest had abandoned the Democratic Party over economic inequality.
When I would have these conversations with my Liberal friends, they would respond, “Why are you supporting Donald Trump?”.
I knew that Hillary Clinton was going to lose for these 5 reasons
- Obama Fatigue – record inequality under his 8 years had Americans looking for a change at the top. Just like Obama won in part b/c of Bush Fatigue after his 8 years. Should have sent at least one banker to jail.
- Obama voters would not be Hillary voters. Obama was young and black with a Muslim name. That candidacy resonated with blacks and Hispanics. Hillary is old and white. So minority vote turnout was way down. 137,000 fewer votes cast in Detroit and 129,000 fewer votes in Milwaukee cost her Michigan and Wisconsin
- Millennials wanted Bernie. In the same way they came out for Obama they were YUUGE for Bernie Sanders. When he was aced out, they went back to their undervoting tendency.
- Servergate/Wikileaks/Weinergate. At the end her untrustwory numbers were worse than Trump’s. In an emotions vs facts election, that was devastating for turnout and securing independent votes.
- Obamacare notices went out in mid-Octboer. Average increase? 24%. Trump wants to get rid of Obamacare. Hillary wanted to “improve it.” She couldn’t come out for single payer, so if you had your policy cancelled and the new cost doubled (as happened to a classmate of mine in Montana), advantage Trump.
I was wrong on 3 states:
- New Hampshire (for Trump) – I forgot they tend to be more conservative than their New England neighbors
- Colorado (for Hillary) – I thought the rural and military areas would reject the Dems.
- Nevada – I thought it would be Vegas for Hillary. Reno and the rest for Trump
I had a better result than Nate Silver!
I voted for Jill Stein. And I was wrong on her. I lost a bet (to my Hillbot buddy Aquaboy, in fact), that Jill would get 4%. Not even close! See you in 2020, Doctor Jill!
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives: Nov. 5, 2016 – Annotated playlist w/ photos, captions, Reggae History Lessons; 84 sec.
- Triston Palma – Reggae Music Taking Over; Touch Me, Take Me (Abraham) ’82 Can. Vinyl
- The Agrovators – Kaya Dub; Kaya Dub (Justice) ’78 UK: Dub Album of the Hour
- Peter Tosh – Here Comes the Sun; Honorary Citizen: Jamaican Singles (Columbia) ’71 George Harrison/Beatles cover
- UB40 – Reefer Madness; Signing Off (DEP/Sound) ’80 herbal instrumental
- Garland Jeffreys feat. LKJ & the Dub Band – Miami Beach; Escape Artist (Columbia) ’81 feat. UK dub poet
- King Kong – Legalize It; Rumble Jumble Life (Massive B) 2005 4:20 Cannabis Service Announcement
- Aisha – Glorify His Name; 10” (Ariwa) 2005 UK
- Keith Richards – Love Overdue; Crosseyed Heart (Mindless/Republic) 2015: Gregory Isaacs cover
- Gregory Isaacs & U Roy – Love Is Overdue; Love Is Overdue (Heartbeat) ’74 original
- Benjamin Zephaniah – Belly of de Beast; Belly of de Beast (Ariwa) UK mutant dub
- Sister Nadia & Dubcreator – Deliver Us Jah; 10” (Asalah) 2006 Neth. Mutant dub
Set 3: Best of Smile Jamaica 27 Years
- Prince Buster – Chubby; Original Golden Oldies (Melodisc) ’67 nyahbinghi style
- Sophia George – Runnings Well Dread; For Everyone (Pow Wow) ‘89
- Aswad – Hey Jah Children; Babylon Soundtrack (EMI) ’80: UK movie on Caribbean diaspora
- Earl Sixteen Daley & the Rockers All Stars – The Rastaman; Rockers International (Greensleeves) ’80 Augustus Pablo prod’n
- Sly & Robbie & the Revolutionaries – Rizzla Dub; Sensi Dub vol. 4 (Original) ‘76 Dub Album of the Hour
- Sinead O’Connor – Throw Down Your Arms; Throw Down Your Arms (That’s Why There’s Chocolate & Vanilla) 2005 w/ Sly & Robbie: Burning Spear cover
- Judah Eskender Tafari – Jah Light; 10” (Sip a Cup) 2001
Set 5: 4:20 Vinyl is Vital set
<5 on the ballot to legalize the Seven Leaf; 11 sec.>
- Tenastelin – The Anunnaki; 7” (Mascot)
<UFO’s in the Bible and Sumerian Anunnaki – those whom came from the sky; 49 sec.>
- Systemwide – Epic of Gilgamesh; Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival (BSI) 2002
- Lee Perry & the White Belly Rats – Greetings; Panic in Babylon (DAMP) 2004: greetings from outerspace
- Dennis Alcapone – The Sky’s the Limit (Flying Machine); Guns Don’t Argue (Trojan) ‘72
- Transcend – 2002; Earthrise.ntone.1 (Instinct) 2001 US more space chatter
<The story of Gilgamesh and Enkidu; 50 sec.>
Words of Wisdom: