I have told this story on air many times. I did political interviews on KRCL between 2003 (Iraq War) and 2012 when a new station GM – hired from Clear Channel radio – told me if I wanted to continue doing Progressive Political interviews I had to do two things
- Quit expressing opinions
- Must be objective.
I said no thanks and quit. I wasn’t going to dumb down my content like the CIA News Network or Washington Compost: being a stenographer of the news.
I would put a huge amount of time into that one hour, weekly interview. Post “retirement” I was left with a significant gap in free time.
That’s when I discovered a new time suck: Ancient Aliens on the History Channel.
As an Assyrian-American, a huge part of the show is about the Sumerians who wrote about contact from Astronauts (we humans mistook for Sky Gods.)
I binged watched everything to catch up on all that history/cosmology.
So it wasn’t long before I started combing through the Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives “probing” (pun intended) for UFO themed Reggae tunes.
Believe it or not, I could fill a 60 CD suitcase and a record bag full of examples on sets I call UFO-ria (euphoria, get it?).
Now every July 2 (Roswell UFO crash anniversary) I do 3 hours of Alien fascination that rules the nation!
just like my traditions of Jah-loween, 4:20 and Bob Marley Tribute shows.
I’ve really gotten into it to the point where someone said, “Do you believe in this for real or is it entertainment?”
I said: I guess I do believe in it. Ancient Astronaut Theory makes the most ‘sensi’. to me.”
Ancient Astronauts, mistaken by humans as Sky Gods, created mankind to mine gold to take back to their planet Nibiru: the 12th Planet or Planet X.
Guess what? They had wrecked their home world through environmental degradation (just like Earth) and needed gold to re-generate their atmosphere on Nibiru.
If you are on my Twitter at SmileJ_KRCL. I post 3 topics:
- Reggae and Radio
- Alt-Left, anti corporate Democratic Party snark
Now I tell my friends, forced to endure my proselytizing, that I put the “man” in Manichaean and the “fun” in Sumerian Fundamentalism.
So I did a radio show last week with a UFO set. Just finished up Season 10 DVD of Ancient Aliens.
Guess what? My beef with archaeologists is that their calculations on when these massive structures from antiquity were built was thousand of years off.
Listen to my clip about the Great Pyramid of Giza that proves my point: Not 2500 BC, 10500 BC.
It’s not Khufu/Cheops’ tomb. It’s a power station for the Anunnaki’s Spaceships when they left and landed at the Sinai Spaceport.
Praise Anu! Bobbylon
<Giza pyramid and archaeo-imperialism; 1 min. 50>
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives: Jah-vember 4, 2017 Annotated Playlist; 49 sec.
- I Roy – Jah Is the Best; Best of I Roy (GG’s) ’77 JA vinyl
- Impact All-Stars – Java; Java Java Dub (Impact!) ’74 UK – Vinyl Dub Album of the Hour
- Junior Murvin – Roots Train; Police & Thieves (Mango) ’77 Lee “Scratch” Perry/Black Ark prod’n
- Lorna Asher – Your Mama is Calling; Straight to Your Heart (Twinkle) ’99
- Hepcat – Pharaoh’s Dream; Right on Time (Hepcat) ’97 SoCal ska
- Massive Dread – This is Massive; This Is Massive (Nyam Up) ’82
- Dub Syndicate – Higher Than High; 10″ (Lion & Roots) ’98 UK 4:20 Cannabis Service Announcement
- Black Uhuru – Love Crisis; Black Sounds of Freedom (Greensleeves) ’77 original; ’81 rmx
<Various Black Uhuru lineups; 31 sec.>
- Louisa Marks – Caught You in a Lie; 12 the Hard Way
- Sheriff Lindo & the Hammer – Sky Dubbing; Ten Dubs That Shook the World (Crucial Vibes) ’88 Australian dubber
- Junior Dan – Gives Thanks No Skanks/Yanks & Ises; 10″ (Hi Try) ’77 UK
Set 3: Best of Smile Jamaica 28 Years
- Gregory Isaacs – Hot Stepper; Night Nurse (Mango) ’82
- Jean Binta Breeze – Time Gawn + Arising; Tracks (LKJ) ’90 UK female dub poet
- Linton Kwesi Johnson – Sonny’s Lettah (Anti-Sus Poem); Forces of Victory (Mango) ’79 UK dub poet
<Sus: similar to stop and frisk in England; 28 sec.>
- Ini Kamoze – Them Things Deh; Mini LP (Mango) ’84
- Monty Alexander; Evening Time; Tribute to Reggae’s Keyboard King: Interpretations and Improvisations – Reggae’s Keyboard King (VP) 2004 Instrumental tribute to Jackie Mittoo
Set 4: Wailers Family Tree
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – One Love/People Get Ready ’77 + 2017 rmx; Exodus 40 (Tuff Gong) Ziggy’s rmx next to original
<Bob’s Exodus; 1 min 23 sec>
<Song Analysis: One Love/People Get Ready 77 vs. 2017 rmx; 20 sec.>
- Peter Tosh – Get Up Stand Up; Honorary Citizen (Columbia/Legacy) ’82 live Boulder, Collie-rado
- Bunny Wailer – Roots; Hall of Fame (RAS) ’95 Bob Marley covers
Set 5: Vinyl Is Vital
- Lone Ranger – Annie Palmer; Barnabas in Collins Wood (Wave) ’79 JA – wicked witch of Jamaica who terrorized the slaves
- Sister Carol – International Style; Black Cinderella (Jah Life) ’84 Brooklyn
- Chalice – Back Weh Evil Forces; Stand Up! (CSA) ’85 UK
- Jah Woosh – Marijuana World Tour; Marijuana World Tour (Original) ’79 UK herbtune
Set 6: Rockers do Reggae
- Robert Plant – Lively Up Yourself (live); Principles of Moments (box set edition) (Es Paranza) ’83 Bob Marley
- Led Zeppelin – Dy’er Ma’ker; Houses of the Holy (Atlantic) ’73 Dy’er Maker = Jamaica if you say it fast
- Garland Jeffreys – Christine; Escape Artist (Epic) ’81 NYC bi-racial rock/soul singer
- UB40 feat. Chrissie Hynde – I Got You Babe; 12″ (DEP) ’85 UK Sonny & Cher cover
<Sony & Cher vs. Chrissie Hynde & UB40; 47 sec.>
- Jah Pelicaho & the Wailers – Mystical Cosmic Vibration; 21st Century Dub (ROIR) Jah-ponese dub album; Dub Album of the Hour
Set 7: UFOria
- Audio Active – Adventure in Time & Space; Happy Happer (On U Sound) ’95 Jah-pon
- U.F.O. feat. DeeDee Bridgewater – Flying Saucer; Saint-Germain-des-Pres IV (Wagram) 2004 Fr. future jazz
- Derrick Morgan – Moon Hop; Original Reggae Recordings (Trybute) ’70
- Elegants – Little Star (Static Revenger Mix); Destroy All Humans! (Lakeshore) 2005 video game soundtrack of 50’s doo woop
- Audio Active – The Adventure is Still Going On; Happy Happer (ON U Sound) ’95 Jah-pon
Set 8: Mutant Dubstresses
- Afro Omega – It’s on the People; demo; SLC dub group
- Thievery Corporation feat. LouLou – The Time We Lost Our Way; Cosmic Game (ESL) 2005 French chanteuse
- Soom T – Ganja Ganja; Ode to a Carrot (Jahtari) 2008 Glasgow Weedstepper
- Dry & Heavy – New Creation; From Creation (Beat) 2002 Jah-pon
- Alpha & Omega – The Homeless People + No Man’s Land (dub); Overstanding; (A & O) ’92 UK trance dub