I knew it was gonna be trouble. Last Saturday we got 6 inches in the Salt Lake Valley. My garage is in the alley way. Dangerous for getting high centered and sliding into power poles.
So I waited for a lull in the storm and moved my car to the front street. My street was unploughed and there was snow accumulated over the curb.
Loaded up my stacks of wax and suitcase of disks. And headed for KRCL.….
Goosed my All Wheel Drive Subaru to plow through virgin snow. Best intentions….. 4 wheels on top of snowpack just skidded me to the curb and I was wedged in a snow drift and dead in the water.
Two hour wait for AAA. First show I had been a no show for in 27+ years.
So after I got towed out and back into my garage, I hunkered down in my Secret Dubratory and pulled together 3 hours of Digital Dubplate sound.
Smile Jamaica Digital Dubplate – Jah-nuary 27, 2017 Playlist
- Black Uhuru – World is Africa; Sinsemilla (Mango) ‘80
- Keith Hudson – I Shall Be Released; Flesh of My Skin, Blood of My Blood (Atra) ’74 Bob Dylan cover
- Bim Sherman – Gold & Silver; Crucial Cuts vol. 1 (Century) ‘86
- Sister Nancy – Transport Connection; 600% Dynamite (Soul Jazz) ‘82
- Yabby You – Judgment Time; One Love, One Heart (Shanachie) ‘84
- Ijahman Levi – Jah Heavy Load; Haile I Hymn (Jahmani) ‘78
- Mikey Dread – Saturday Night Style; African Anthem (Big Cat) ’79 dubs
- Phyllis Dillon – Woman of the Ghetto; Midnight Confessions (Westside) ’72 Marlena Shaw cover
- Jacob Miller – Healing of the Nation; Jacob Miller Meets Fatman Riddim Section (Crocodisc) ’78 herbtune
- kode9 + the spaceape – Portal; Memories of the Future (Hyperdub) 2002 UK: mutant dub w/ dub poetry
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Turn Your Lights Down Low; Redemption (bootleg) ’77 studio demo
- Carol Kalphat & Clint Eastwood – African Land/Africa We Want to Go; Reggae Archive vol. 1 (ON U Sound) ’78 Prince Far I prod’n
- The Orb – Towers of Dub; U.F.Orb (Island) ’92 UK mutant dub
- Christ Hinze feat. Peter Tosh – Puss and Dog; Kings of Reggae (Pop-Eye) Dutch flautist w/ Sly & Robbie
- Dennis Bovell & Janet Kay – Silly Dub; Dub Dem Silly (Arawak International) ‘93
- Ras Command – Kali Dub; In Dub (Red Arrow) ’95 Germ. Mutant dub
- Barrington Levy – Jah a The Creator + Stinkin’ Dub; Time Capsule (RAS) ‘83
- Ranking Ann – Black Rock Possee; A Slice of English Toast (Ariwa) ’82 singjay
90 min. – 2 hr.:
- Burning Spear – Farover; Farover (Heartbeat) ‘83
- Pablo Gad – What Makes a Natty Dread Cry (Discomix); Bloodsuckers (Melodie) ‘78
- Peter Metro & Lady Ann – Bossanova; Dedicated to You (Grapevine) ’84
- Sky High & the Mau Mau – Na Lend Out Me Chalice; Origination (Sky High) herbtune
- Yellowman – Cocky Did Hurt Me; Mister Yellowman (Shanachie) ’82 rude
- Sam Carty – I Don’t Mind; Black Arkives (Justice League) ‘75
- Lijadu Sisters – Reincarnation; Sunshine (Afrodisia/Knitting Factory) ’78 Nigerian sisters
2 hr. – 2 & 1/2 hr.:
- The Wailers – Concrete Jungle Dub; Dub Marley (Tabou1) ’76 rare dubs
- The Pioneers – Pusher Man; Give & Take: Best of (Trojan) ‘78
- Gorillaz vs. Space Monkeyz – Starshine; Laika Come Home (Astralwerks) 2002 Mutant Dub UFOria
- Sonya Spence – Give Thanks; In the Dark (Skynote)
- Dub Syndicate feat. Little David– Yes It’s Bless; Acres of Space (Lion & Roots) 2001 UK Mutant Dub
- Black Slate – Thin Line Between Love and Hate; Amigo (Ensign) ’80: Persuaders soul cover
- Martha Velez – Get Up Stand Up; Escape From Babylon (Sire) ’76: Bob/Peter cover
- The Meditations – Woman Piabba; Anthology (Nighthawk) ’76 herbtune
2 and 1/2 – 3 hr.
- Linton Kwesi Johnson – Inglan Is a Bitch; Bass Culture (Mango) ’80 UK dub poet
- Love Joys – One Draw; Lovers Rock Showcase (Wackies) ’82 Rita Marley herbtune
- Lone Ranger – Jamaican Weed; Big Blunts vol. 1 (Tommy Boy) ’80 herbtune
- The Rolling Stones – Cherry Oh Baby; Black and Blue (Rolling Stones) ’76 Eric Donaldson cover
- Trinity – Put it On; Burning (Rhino UK)
- J. Geils Band – Give It To Me; Bloodshot (Atlantic) ‘73