Greetings from Quarantine,
Raise your hand if this Covid Clampdown has you One Toke Over the Line? From Lawrence Welk – covering Brewer & Shipley:
(The guy with the accordion announcing the two tokers sounds like he just took a hit off the spliff!)
Lawrence Welk thought that was a gospel song! “Modern spiritual”
Like Jesus did. The necessary ingredient for His miracles was cannabis oil:
Smile Jamaica locked out of your station that rules the nation, KRCL, till at least the end of May. So I ‘n’ I have the entirety of the Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives to peruse for the infamous, notorious, humorous, outrageous, quasi legalish 420 Cannabis Service Show.
I ‘n’ I would say 25 of the 30 or so Jah-prils of being your host, has been devoted to the Seven Leaf
I’n’ I was chatting up a friend recently: “Wouldn’t it be great if the purgative lung properties of inhaling cannabis could mitigate against the severity of the Covid?”
What if doctors were able to tell their patients. “You have tested positive for the Covid. My suggestion is to start smoking marijuana immediately!”
I mean, really. You want to go on a ventilator or smoke two joints? Lot cheaper and the mortality rate of those on ventilators is about 90%. I ‘n’ I guess we’re stuck with bleach enemas and injecting Lysol.
So all the Doom Porn I’m forced to read as opposed to news, tells us we are heading into an economic Depression. You want a leg up on revenue? Do what Lebanon did.
They became the first Middle East nation to legalize cannabis. From the Aramaic – qanneh (reed) bossom (aromatic) – so the aromatic reed = ganja stalk
So don’t call it marijuana – that is a made up name by the 30’s anti-drug thugs in the US government: Maria + Juan = Marijuana. To stigmatize the drug with Mexican laborers so they could be easily deported during the depression.
Quick history of Cannabis:
- The Scythians (an Iranian people) – were the first to throw Cannabis seeds on the hot plate to inhale the vapors.
From 5th Century BC historian, Herodotus:
The Scythians said, take some of this hemp-seed [presumably, flowers], and, creeping under the felt coverings, throw it upon the red-hot stones; immediately it smokes, and gives out such a vapour as no Grecian vapour-bath can exceed; the Scyths, delighted, shout for joy.” Yes I!
- They puff puff passed it to the Medes (forefathers of today’s Kurds)
- The Medes spread it to the expansive Assyrian-Akkadian-Babylonian empires.
- Trade with Egypt allowed for the plant to go West through the Maghreb (Arab North Africa) and north through the Mediterranean
- 2020 – Lebanese blonde
So, while you are forced indoors – whether sick or healthy, enjoy this cannabliss podcast: 35 Reggae songs plus special efx, movie dialog and other seven leaf snippets.
Smile Jamaica Playlist: Apr. 18, 2020 – 420 Special
- The Toyes – Green Doctor; Strange Animals (CD Tunes) ’96 LA
- Eek a Mouse – Sensee Party; Skidip! (Greensleeves) ’82
- John Clarke – Good Collie Weed; Visions of John Clarke (Wackies) ’79 to Only Sixteen riddim
- Junior Byles – Cally Weed; Rasta No Pickpocket (Nighthawk) ’86
- Gracy & the Herbman Band – Follow Up; See Mi Yah (Funfundvierzig) ’91 Germ. female
- Black Uhuru – Sinsemilla; Sinsemilla (Mango) ’80 without seeds
- Angie Angel – Sativa Info; All I Have Is Love (Easy Star) 2001
- Lone Ranger – Collie Dub; Rosemarie (Techniques) ’81
- Jah Woosh – Chalice Blaze; Chalice Blaze (Original) ’78
- Mikey Dread – Pound a Weed; Life Is a Stage (Dread at the Controls) 2007
- Capital Letters – Smoking My Ganja 12″; Headline News (Greensleeves) ’79 UK
- Prince Alla – Sensimilla; More Love (Jah Warrior) 2002
- Sammy Dread – Wrap Up a Draw; Wrap up a Draw (Seven Leaves)
- The Pioneers – Feeling High; 20 Greatest Hits (Trojan) ’79
- UB40 – Mi Spliff; Baggariddim (DEP) ’85
- Carlton Livingston – Chalice in Mind; Crucial Reggae (Mango) ’82
- Ganja Woman – Light Up Your Spliff; Pro Cannabis 4 (EFA) 2002
Set 4:: Queen Elizabeth weed set
- Heavy Manners – Taking the Queen to Tea; Heavier Than Now (NoVo) ’96 Chicago w/ female vox
- U Roy – Chalice in the Palice; Dread in a Babylon (Virgin Front Line) ’75
- Bush Chemists – Light Up Your Spliff; Light Up Your Spliff (Conscious Sounds) ’96 UK mutant dubbers
- Dillinger – Buckingham Palace; CB 200 (Mango) ’76
- Peter Tosh – Buk-in-Hamm Palace; Mystic Man (EMI America) ’79
Set 5: Wailers Family Tree Herb Set
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Marley-juana Mix; Smile Jamaica Dubplate
- Bunny Wailer – Cease Fire; Roots, Radics, Rockers, Reggae (Shanachie) ’83
- Peter Tosh – Don’t Want to Get Busted; Talking Revolution (Pressure Sounds) ’76 KZEL Eugene, OR radio acoustic
- Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers- African Herbsman; Joy and Blues (Virgin) ’93
- Rita Marley – One Draw; 12″ (Shanachie) ’83
- Johnny Osbourne – Mushroom; Fally Lover (Greensleeves) don’t pee in my garden, or mushroom will grow
- The Selecter – My Collie (Not a Dog); Too Much Pressure (2 Tone) UK ska w/ female vox
- Jacob Miller – Healing of the Nation; Wanted (Top Ranking) ’78
- Benjamin Zephaniah – Get High; Rasta (Workers Playtime) ’83 UK dub poet
- Mighty Diamonds – Pass the Kouchie; Big Blunts (Tommy Boy) ’81
- The Toyes – Smoke Two Joints; The Toyes (CD Tunes) ’96