<Prince Lincoln: The Aliens gonna whip you and put you in your rightful place!; 10 sec.>
If you have listened to Smile Jamaica regularly over the past 5 years or so you will notice that one of my musical fascinations is UFO tunes.
I used to do political interviews on KRCL. When the Radioactive program was changed by an odious new station manager, (who has since ignominiously resigned), to a lightweight news show as opposed to hard news format, I quit doing it. I charitably said I “retired” from political interviews.
That left me with a whole heap of time to explore other pursuits. Based on recommendations from a couple of my coffee buddies, I started watching the Ancient Aliens show on History Channel.
The gist of the show is that Ancient civilizations were impacted by travelling space visitors who helped create mankind to do their bidding: mining gold to repair their damaged atmosphere on their home world of Nibiru.
The 12th Planet that exists at the outside of our solar system.
The show tracks mostly Sumerian, Egyptian and Mayan stories and myths. I’m one half Assyrian – from the land of the two rivers (North of ancient Sumer.) So I was fascinated by the connection between one man’s mythology and an alternative world cosmology
<Cosmology vs. Mythology; 3 sec.>
One of the things I noticed, especially in Mutant Dub, was the number of Reggae and Dub tunes devoted to space travel, aliens and UFOs. Add in several dozen Rock examples and you have enough for a 3 hour showcase on Smile Jamaica. I got to nearly 300 on my Itunes UFOria playlist. A Smile Jamaica episode averages about 35 songs in 3 hours.
Since so much of Rastafari Reggae is devoted to the Bible, I could connect the dots between Sumerian Cosmology of the Anunnaki – Those who came from the sky and UFO’s in the Bible and other ancient stories.
- Noah’s Ark – No: Ziusudra in his submarine or Utnapishtim in his Tesseract (spaceship)
- Burning Bush – Spaceship
- Ezekiel’s Wheel – Spaceship
- Jacob’s Ladder and the Stairway to Heaven – Spaceship
- Elijah’s Chariot of Fire – Spaceship
- Enoch (Noah’s great grandfather) – “walked with God and then was not”. Taken to the Heavens via Spaceship
- Magic Carpet Ride – from the Arabian A Thousand and One Nights – Spaceship
- Vimanas from Hindu theology – flying spaceships who fought battles in the skies
Lot’s wife was not turned into a pillar of salt. That is the wrong Hebrew word. She was turned into a pillar of smoke after a nuclear attack to destroy the Sinai spaceport.
Even Led Zeppelin would agree:
There’s a lady who’s sure
All that glitters is gold
And she’s buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
The idea that space travellers from hundreds of thousands of years ago had the capacity to see Earth as a habitat to exploit seems far fetched. But is it any less fantastical than the Bible, Greek myths or Hindu stories?
But one man’s Skygod is another man’s Ancient Astronaut. According to Ancient Aliens, man’s evolution and creation is connected to the very same DNA that contains mysteries we mere humans can not yet comprehend.
Noah’s Ark is unbelievable. 2 of every animal on a ricketty ass wooden boat? 70 cubits is 105 feet. Less than a modern Aircraft carrier. So you’re gonna fit elephants, giraffes, hippos and rhinos etc? Plus all the smaller creatures. No way.
How you gonna keep the lion from eating the lamb?
Space ship or submarine? Makes more sense. And if the Anunnaki could travel from the outer reaches of our Solar System, they would have the advancement to use the DNA they developed to re-create the animal and plant kingdom from seed banks and DNA repositories they housed on board their space craft.
Modern technology we can’t even hope to approach in 2017 in an era of primitive Earth history. What local Sumerians, Arabs, Hebrews, Mayans and Hindus saw as chariots, or flying carpets or ladders we would immediately recognize as space craft.
Listen to my description and Tena Stelin’s song paying tribute to the Ancient Astronauts coming down from the sky…
<The Anunnaki phenomenon>
In America, UFOs are most connected with the July 1947 Roswell New Mexico crash. Wasn’t swamp gas or weather balloons until military censorship
Long story short: In early July 1947, a ranch foreman named William Brazel discovered debris of a downed space craft. He recovered bits of the material and took it home. When he crinkled the metallic material it resumed its smooth, flattened exterior.
The Air Force bullied him into giving up his souvenirs. The Air Force investigator, Jesse Marcel, was also finessed into claiming what he found was nothing more innocuous than a weather balloon.
I have a personal connection to what happened in Roswell that day. My brother in law, Michael, sells high tech pipe to computer companies. He is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
<Robert’s Roswell Recap; 1 min. 14 sec.>
He was in Roswell selling high tech pipe to local salsa manufacturers. He was having lunch in the local cafe with one of his clients. He innocuously asked, “What’s the deal with Roswell and UFOs?”
His lunch mate said that the coroner was instructed by the Air Force to bring 3 child size coffins to the Base. “You don’t need coffins for a weather balloon.” The coroner was total salt of the earth, rural roots and no big city conspiracy nut.
That was enough for me! Do not scoff, Look to the skies!
<Coffins for a weather balloon?>
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives: July 8, 2017 Tracklist: 70th Anniversary of Roswell UFO Crash: 1 min. 17 sec.
- Ancient Astronauts – From the Sky (ESL) 2009 Roswell UFO 70th Anniv. Show
- Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra – Also Sprach Zarathustra; 2001 Space Odyssey (MGM) ’68
- Jimi Hendrix Experience – EXP; Axis: Bold as Love (Reprise) ’67
- Kingstonians – Come We go Moonwalk; Sufferer (Attack) ’70
- Dubadelic – MIB; Bass Invaders (ROIR) ’98 Men in Black
- Dennis Alcapone – The Sky Is the Limit (Flying Machine); Guns Don’t Argue (Trojan) ’70
- WordSound I Powa – Intro; Live From Planet Crooklyn (ROIR) ’96 – Aliens looking for weed; 14 sec.
- The Herbaliser – Moon Sequence; Road of Many Signs EP (Ninja Tunes) ’99 UK space chatter
- Laurence Harvey – First Came the Sky Chariots; Ancient Astronauts (Laurence Harvey) 2008
- Kraftwerk – Spacelab; Man Machine (Capitol) ’78
- Dubblestandart feat. Devon D – We All Have to Get High; Immigration Dub (Collision) 2007 Jah-stria – quoting Jim Morrison – out here on the perimeter there are no stars, we is stoned immaculate; 15 sec.
- Transcend – 2002; Earthrise.ntone.1 (Instinct) ’95 space chatter
- Anubian Lights; Outer Space Music; Naz Bar (Crippled Dick Hot Wax) 2001 Ezekiel UFO
<Biblical Propohet Ezekiel’s Crystal Ship – UFO; 1 min. 10 sec.>
- Graham Parker & the Rumour – Waiting for the UFOs; Squeezing Out Sparks (Arista) ‘79
<In England it’s pronounced: You-fo. Not: You. Eff. Oh.; 15 sec.>
- Prince Lincoln & the Rasses – Spaceship; Natural Wild (Orange Street) ’80 Joe Jackson prod’n
- Cornell Campbell – Stars; Silver Jubilee (Rhino UK)
- Red I feat. Camoi – Lost in Space; Jahdgement Day (Red I) 2012 Phillipines dub feat. Female vox
- The Police – Walking on the Moon; Reggata de Blanc (A & M) ’79
<Reggata de Blanc = White Reggae; 14 sec.>
- The Crypticon & the Space Lounge Syndicate – Enter the Spaceport; Live From the Omega Station (The Crypticon) 2007
Set 4: Vinyl UFOria
- Sister Carol – Lost in Space; Jah Disciple (RAS) ’89 DC
<Man’s hubris in travelling to Jah’s Heavenly abode; 24 sec.>
- Lone Ranger – UFO; Barnabas in Collins Wood (GG) ’79 JA
- U Roy – Your Ace From Space; Version Galore (Treasure Isle) ’78 JA
- Bam Bam – Star Wars; Power of a Woman (Bam Bam International) ’87 LA female singer
<Beware of Ray-gun or Reagan?; 13 sec.>
- John Williams & the London Symphony Orchestra – The Cantina Band; Star Wars Soundtrack (20th Century Fox) ’77
<Steel pan = Reggae?; 20 sec.>
- Tena Stelin – Anunnaki; 7” (Mascot) – Those who came from the sky
- Gilgamesh – Systemwide; Live at the Festival de Jazz de Montreal (BSI) 2002 – Sumerian folk hero seeking immortality
<The Epic of Gilgamesh; 58 sec.>
- Steppenwolf – Magic Carpet Ride (Smile Jamaica rmx)
<Arabs described UFOs as flying carpets; 9 sec.>
- Pink Floyd – Astronomy Domine; Umma Gumma (Harvest) ‘69
- Klaatu – Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (Capitol) ’76 Canadian band
<Klaatu barada nikto from the Day the Earth Stood Still; 49 sec.>
- Rolling Stones – 2000 Light Years From Home; Their Satanic Majesty’s Request (Abkco) ‘67
- The Toyes – Waiting for the Aliens; Strange Animals (CD Tunes) ‘99
- Tassilli Players – One Giant Dub For Mankind; Outer Space (Universal Egg)
- Transglobal Underground – Good Luck Mr. Gorsky; Psychic Karaoke (Nation) ’96 – Neil Armstrong’s first words on the moon; 1 min. 44 sec.
- Gil Scott Heron – Whitey on the Moon; Small Talk at 125th and Lexington (Flying Dutchman) ’70 black jazz poet
- SoKo – I Thought I Was An Alien; I Thought I Was An Alien (Because) 2012 Fr. Female singer
- Jah Warrior feat. Tena Stelin – Flying Chariots Dub; Jah Warrior & Friends (Hammerbass) 2003
- Spiritual Rez – Let’s Go Out With a Bang; Apocalypse Whenever (Spiritual Rez) 2014