Sometimes I get asked: “What’s with all the UFO tunes on Smile Jamaica. It’s even been mentioned in KRCL staff meetings: “Does he really belief that stuff?”
I do. My code of life is – Your perception is not my reality.
From my Sumerian Fundamentalist heritage through Ancient Aliens, Reggae is right in the middle.
Those who don’t like it, can scoff on over to another radio station. Because I ‘n’ I am vindicated in my belief.
Radio SOS signals from the next galaxy. Radio. Just like Carl Sagan reached out in 1977, the Aliens heard his message and are calling back.
The Voyager mission when the 2 7’s clashed (1977) was meant to reach out to any sentient beings in the vastness of space. The gold record, which included Sumerian greetings: “May all be well” along side Chuck Berry’s Johnny B. Goode.
Well, it appears they got our gift. And here they come…..
<Radio signals from outerspace; 33 sec.>
“Mysterious radio signals from space have been known to repeat, but for the first time, researchers have noticed a pattern in a series of bursts coming from a single source half a billion light-years from Earth”
Not random. But on a cycle. Like we would do: Are You There?…(repeat). Now they are doing the same to us: We got your message (repeat). If you have ever seen the Jodie Foster movie, Contact, that is the plot.
The Bulgarian libertarians at Zerohedge muse:
So could it be aliens seeking to establish contact via hidden messages meant to be deciphered from rational patterns?
Naw. This is what I think happened. They got our package from the Voyager. But those fools at NASA didn’t include a record player. Plus zero gravity in space makes it impossible to “drop the needle pon the record.”
I ‘n ‘I think it is fascinating that the contact is by a “dead medium” of radio. In 10 years, on Earth, 70% of all media will be streamed. Not broadcast (radio, satellite radio, television).
Aliens, embrace my philosophy: No digital for I ‘n’ I.
So just like Pres. 45 listens to the Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives while watching CNN with the sound muted, maybe someway, somehow, some miracle, the Aliens found a fellow traveller, via I ‘n’ I Mixcloud archive, and appreciate the outer space inna terrestrial rub a dub.
Black wax. Shiny aluminum disks. No 1’s and 0’s. Why not?
Remember: Your perception is not my reality.
Smile Jamaica’s Three reasons why Aliens made radio contact; 1 min. 44
- They need our gravity to play records
2. Qanon told I ‘n’ I that the radio signal on repeat isn’t an SOS but was deciphered as “Play more Bob Marley”
3. No oxygen in space to spark a doobie
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives: Jah-bruary 15, 2020 Annotated Playlist; 61 sec.
- Dillinger – Rockers; Tribal War (New Cross) ’86 UK vinyl
- Roots Radics – Roy Cousins Presents Kings and Queens of Dub (Tamoki Wambesi) 80’s UK vinyl dub album of the hour
- Lorna Asher – It Comes From Afar; Straight to Your Heart (Twinkle) ’99
- Bunny Lye Lye – Keep on Dancing; Protect Me Lord (Twin Bros) 80’s
- Dubblestandart feat. Devon D – We All Have to Get High; Immigration Dub (Collision) 2007 Jah-stria: 4:20 Cannabis Service Announcement
- Junior Dan – Give Thanks No Skanks + Yanks & Ises; 10″ (Hi Try) ’76 JA
- Hollie Cook – Vessel of Love; Vessel of Love (Merge) 2018 UK dawta of Sex Pistol Paul Cook
- Sly Dunbar – Mr. Music; Sly, Wicked & Slick (Virgin) ’79 dub to Brothers Johnson “Strawberry Letter No. 23”
- Asherman Meets Dub Street Rockers – Jah Seed + Seed Grow; Zion Ready (Jump Up) 2002 vox + dj
- Max Romeo & Dennis Brown – African + I Am the Conqueror; 10″ (Observer Gold) ’75
Set 3: Smile Jamaica’s 30+ Years of Bob Tributes
- Cedella Marley Booker – Mother Don’t Cry; Awake Zion (Rykodisc) ’84 Bob’s Mom
- Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers – Lyin’ in Bed; Best of (EMI America) ’88
- Lui Lepki – Tribute to Bob Marley; Latenight Movie (Joe Gibbs) ’81
- Prince Far I & the Suns of Arqa – ’83 Struggle; Musical Revue (ROIR) 12/7/82 in Manchster UK
- Aba-Shanti-I & the Shanti-Ites – Tower of Babel; Jericho Walls Verse III (Falasha) ’99 UK Mut tant dub album of the hour
- Sister Carol – Man to Man; Lyrically Potent (Heartbeat) ’96 Marley cover
- Horace Andy – Bob Marley (His Songs Live On); Exclusively (Solid Groove) ’81 UK vinyl
- Ringo – Great Superstar; 12″ (Top Ranking) ’81 FL dj to Horace Andy
Set 5: Vinyl Tributes to Bob Marley Set
- Yellowman – In Memory; Rides Again (RAS) ’88 DC –
- Session feat. Azeem – Tribute to Marley; Tribute to Bob Marley (M. Al’s) ’81 Oakland
- Roots Uprising – Master Blaster; Beautiful Music (Top Ranking) ’81 Opa Locka, FL
- Psalm of Bob Marley + Dub – Culture; Good Things (RAS) ’89 DC
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Cheer Up; Best of Bob Marley & the Wailers (Beverley’s) ’70 JA vinyl
<Cheer Up; 97 sec.>
- Carlene Davis – Harder They Come; 15 Classic Hits (Sonic) ’80 Jimmy Cliff cover
- Cocoa Tea – The Weed; The Herbalist (Xterminator) ’98 herbtune
- Doctor Alimantado – Nat King Cole/Bob Marley; 12″ (ISDA) ’80 UK
- Bunny Wailer – Dub D’sco vol. 2 (Solomonic) Dub Album of the Hour
- The Wailers feat. Peter Tosh – Sinner Man; The Toughest (Heartbeat/Studio One) ’66 gospel cover
<Sinner Man; 42 sec.>
- Afro Omega – All My Love; Pick Up the Pieces (Afro Omega) 2006 SLC w/ female vox
- R. Zee Jackson – Come Now Father; 10″ (Sip a Cup) 2006 UK militant steppers
Set 8: UFOria
- Devin the Dude – Zeldar; Just Tryin’ to Live (Rap a Lot) 2002 herbtune
- Nicky Thomas – Doing the Moonwalk; Love of the Common People (Trojan) ’70
- U Roy – Your Ace From Space; Version Galore (Virgin) ’68
- UFO feat. Dee Dee Bridgewater – Flying Saucer; Saint Germain des Pres Cafe’ IV (Wagram) 2004 female vox
- Thievery Corporation – Stargazing; Culture of Fear (ESL) 2012
- Tena Stelin – UFO; Lion Symbol (Jah Warrior) ’99