Congratulation to the hard workers who want to add Utah (Utah!?) to the list of states with Medical Marijuana. If successful, Utah would be the 30th state with either Medical or legal status for cannabis.
<Medical MJ in Utah? 59 sec.>
154,000 (including I ‘n’ I) voted for this initiative to make the ballot. It’s about time. Especially in Utah under the crushing weight of opioid deaths and over medication of anti-depressants.
It’s not about kickin’ the bong around. This plant has been with us for 10,000 years of mankind. We have cannabinoid receptors in our brain! The Sumerians called it the Tree of Life. It wasn’t an apple Eve partook of in the Garden of Eden.
And for any Blble enthusiasts. It wasn’t an Apple that gave Eve knowledge in the Garden of Eden. It was Cannabis. Unless they used an apple bong
Genesis 3: 2-7
2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Fruit of the Tree? Buds off the Cannabis plant. Nothing about apples. Biblical “fake news”
All I ‘n’ I can say is:
- Get registered to vote
- On election day 2018, wake ‘n bake
- Get in your car, bike, pony, walk or skank to the polls
- Vote yes for cannabis compassion
- Don’t let governments, cops nor religions dissuade you
- Puff, puff pass this law!
And then there is this!
Smile Jamaica Ark-Ives June 9, 2018 Annotated Playlist; 68 sec.:
- In Crowd – Riding High; Roots, Rock, Reggae (Creole) ’78 Fr. vinyl
- Chariot Riders – Sensimilla Dub; Sensiilla Dub (Crystal) ’80 JA vinyl dub album of the hour
- Eclipse – Come Me Brethren; Corrupted Society (Bristol Archive) ’78
- Leonard Dillon – Cool It Amigo; One Step Forward (St Clair) ’91
- Cocoa Tea – I Am Going Home; 20 Tracks of Cocoa Tea (Sonic)
- Natural Beauty – Nice Up Dancee; Reggae Dance Party (RAS) ’86 UK female trio: 4:20 Cannabis Service Announcement
- Fred Locks – Visions of Redemption; 10″ (Sip a Cup) 2003 UK
- Dubskin – Real Ting; No End in Time (Dubskin) 2009 Boulder, Collie-rado
- Al Kirk Band & Sister Black – Mamma; Future (AKB) ’96 Hollyweed, Collie-fornya
- Michael Rose – Grandma; Never Give It Up (Heartbeat) 2001
- Dub Syndicate feat. Junior Reid – God Is a Man; 10″ (Lion & Roots) ’98 UK
Set 3: Best of Smile Jamaica 28+ Years
- Judy Mowatt – Concrete Jungle; Black Woman (Shanachie) ’76 Wailers cover
- Black Uhuru – Natural Mystic; Love Crisis (Greensleeves) ’77 Bob Marley cover
- Lacksley Castell – Righteous Stand; Morning Glory (Negus Roots) ’82
- Gregory Isaacs – Material Man; Night Nurse (Mango) ’82
- Black Disciples – The Ghost; Garvey’s Ghost (Mango) ’76 Dub Album of the Hour
- Johnny Clarke – Legalize It; Authorized Rockers (Virgin Front Line) ’76
- Marcia Griffiths – Feel Like Jumping; Jammin Reggae Hits (Time Inc.)
- Winston McAnuff – Malcolm X; Diary of the Silent Years (Makasound)
- Johnny “Dizzy” Moore & Phillip Frazer – Lonely Reggae + Only Jah Jah Know; 10″ (Impact!) trumpet then vox
Set 5: Vinyl Is Vital
- Chalawa feat. Merri & Sandi Callender – If You Drop That Cross; Capture Land (Green Weenie) ’78 Can.
- Devon Russell – Black Woman Song; Homebound Train (Freedom Sounds) ’82
- Clint Eastwood – Ganga Smoker; Step It In a Zion (Live & Love) ’78 UK herbtune
- Freddie McGregor – Graveyard in Africa; Rumours (Gone Clear) ’97 Miami
- Maureen Thomas and Jim Nastic(?) – Wicked Intention; Untitled (Studio One) JA
Wailers Family Tree
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – I Need You; Wailing Wailers (Studio One) ’65 JA vinyl
<Wailers at Studio One 1 min.;>
- Bunny Wailer – Ambush; Hall of Fame (RAS) ’95 50 Bob tunes for his 50th birthday
- Peter Tosh – I’m the Toughest; Dealing With the Shytstem (bootleg) 11/5/82 Live at the Roxy, LA CA
- The Melody Makers feat. Stephen Marley – Sugar PIe; Reggae Sunsplash 1981 Tribute to Bob Marley (Elektra) ’81 live in Montego Bay, JA
- King Tubby – Natty Dub; Roots of Dub (Moll-Selekta) ’75 Dub Album of the Hour
- Iration – The End; Time Bomb (Law) 2010 Isla Vista, Collie-fornya
- Dubblestandart feat. Gudrun – Summerrain; Are You Experienced (Collision) 2006 Germany w/ female vox
- Pama International – Evening Time; Float Like a Butterfly (Asian Man) 2005 UK ska/dance supergroup, herbtune
- Matic Horns – Yanga!; 10″ (Sip a Cup) UK militant steppers instrumental
Set 8: Mutant Dub
- Thievery Corporation feat. Pamela Bricker – Lebanese Blonde (French Version); Lebanese Blonde CD Single (4ad) ’98 female vox, herbtune: Mutant Dub Set
Noiseshaper Daemons; Rough Out There (Echo Beach) 2005 Jah-stria
Sandeeno – Put Down the Guns; Universal Roots UK Reggae Stars (Universal Roots)
Ripple & Taso – Gimme the Fiya; Bay Area Dub Step volume 3 (Full Melt) 2011
- Humble-I & Weeding Dub; Guide Me; 10″ (Control Tower) 2008 Fr.