26 years of Reggae Radio on KRCL: 45 shows avg./year, 3 hours per show for 26 years: 3500+ hours (146 straight days, Selah!)
<26 Years of Reggae Radio: 3500 hours; 50 sec.>
Plus 3 months of Global Gumbo summer of ’89 (30 or so). Plus 9 years of Radioactive (over 400 hourly interviews of Progressive politics). Before KRCL went pro during the daytime I loved to fill in on shows like Breakfast Jam, Roots and Blues and Drive Time. Plus, I kept the chair warm for Reggae Ambassador Wednesday Night stalwart Papa Pilgrim for about six months when he recovered from surgery. Add another 1000 hours. Give thanks!
Too much Tribal War. Driving me crazy. Brother killing brother. Old as Cain and Abel but there are more than a dozen countries in the Middle East, nearly that many in Africa and Ukraine vs. Russia., actively killing and bombing and destroying themselves. Jah-pon is about to re-militarize. WTF? Whatever happened to the Summer of Love?
Armageddon around the corner, I am afraid we are all Fukashima’d.
Here are two songs to fit my bummer mood.
1. Sun Ra Arkestra – Nuclear War
2. Spiritual Rez – Let’s Go Out With a Bang
Either way you’re getting probed! I try to stay positive, but Reggae always points the way. I’m going to play some prophecy, (actually Ska-phecy), from The Special AKA when this happened in the Holy Land 30 years ago.
Can you hear them crying in the rubble of Beirut?I can still see people dying, now who takes the blame?
the numbers are different, the crime is still the sameFrom the graves of Belsen where the innocent were burned
To the genocide in Beirut, Israel was nothing learned?I can still hear people crying, now who takes the blame?
The numbers are different, the crime is still the sameBombs to settle arguments, the order of the boot
From the graves of Belsen, to the ruins of BeirutI can still see people dying, now who takes the blame?
The numbers are different, the crime is still the same
Very Ska-phetic, no?
Forward ever, backwards never!
Here what you can expect to here this afternoon on July 12th Ark-Ive
Dub Album of the Week: Aswad – New Chapter of Dub (Mango) ’82; so the music never stops
- A CD set worth of scores from my Vegas/Cedar City crate dig: Culture, Joe Gibbs 12″ collection, Tosh bootleg
- Wailers Family Tree: Bob’s last live performance; Pittsburgh, Jah-sylvania, Peter Tosh – rarities from dubble disk version of Equal Rights ’77. Introducing Bunny Wailer – Rule Dance Hall ’87.
- Vinyl is Vital midway – The Black Wax World Tour
- 420 and Seven Leaf Meditations from Ganja Farmers like Niney and Tosh
<Osterity vs. Jah-sterity: Smile Jamaica’s Seven Leaf Utopia; 90 sec.>
- Mutant Dub in the last half hour brought to you by the letter A: African Headcharge, Natacha Atlas, Al Haca Sound out of Jah-spana (Spain)
- Extended Mix vinyl singles
- Roots Dawtas: new Hollie Cook, Marcia Griffiths, Aisha
Smile Jamaica live every Saturday 4-7 PM Mtn. Time:
- 90.9FM in Utah
- Stream: Tune In Radio
- Ark-Ive. Here on Smile Jamaica blog; without commercial interruptions
- Twitter: SmileJ_KRCL for live alert and stream upload/blog posts